On Demand/Self-Paced Courses & Recorded Webinars
Click here to browse!
Upcoming Webinars/Live Virtual Events
Click here to browse!
Professional Development with OASBO
OASBO offers live in-person seminars, live virtual webinars, hybrid events, and self-paced/on-demand offerings for all career stages and skill levels of Ohio's school business officials. Whether you are seeking your business manager or treasurer license, new the profession, mid-career, or a seasoned school business official wanting to stay current on topics impacting the profession, OASBO has you covered. For our events, we offer contact hours towards CEUs for licensure, CPE credit towards CPA licenses, and college credit through our partnership with Ashland University.
OASBO also has an approved Local Professional Development Committee (LPDC) for those licensed individuals working in other professions,or those unemployed or retired treasurers who need to complete yearly LPDC requirements to maintain licensure. The OASBO LPDC can ONLY serve individuals with a current, valid Ohio treasurer or business manager license.
Click here for more information on our offerings.
Regional Facilities Day Pilot Training
For Business Mangers, Directors of Operations, Facilities, Custodial, etc. across the state, looking to collaborate, network with one another on best practices, and receive trainings pertinent to Business Operations, register for one of the regional Facilities Day Pilot Trainings! The regional offerings are:
- SW (Cincinnati) Region - June 7, 2023
- SW (Dayton) Region - June 8, 2023
- NE Region - June 14, 2023
OASBO's Essentials Course Offerings
For individuals looking to attain their Ohio school treasurer's license, OASBO provides a a practical and comprehensive program, approved by the Ohio Department of Education (ODE). Here are this year's Essentials course offerings:
- Essentials of Leadership - May 11, 2023
FY 2024 Bootcamp (In-Person Only):
- Essentials of Financial Management & Administration - July 10-11, 2023
- Essentials of Human Resources - July 12-13, 2023
- Essentials of Business Operations - July 14 & 17, 2023
- Essentials of School Funding & Finance - July 18-19, 2023
- Essentials of Budgeting & Forecasting - July 20-21, 2023
- Essentials of Leadership - July 24, 2023
FY 2024 (In-Person Only):
- Essentials of School Funding & Finance - January 10-11, 2024
- Essentials of Budgeting & Forecasting - January 31 - February 1, 2024
School Facilities Capital Projects Webinar Series
OASBO, BASA, & OSBA recently offered a six-part school facilities capital projects webinar series. The series covered school facility projects, financing, debt issuance process, bonds & insurance, project administration, and more.
Click the links below to watch each webinar:
- School Construction Law - The Fundamentals
- In the Beginning... School Facility Projects
- Capital Financing-School Construction - Voted or Unvoted? Putting the Financing in Place for Your Facilities Project
- Capital Financing-School Construction: Understanding the Debt Issuance Process
- School Construction: Construction Phase - Bonds & Insurance
- School Construction: Construction Phase - Project Administration
Recommended for You
Recommendations are based off of your interests. To update your interests, visit your profile.
Smooth out the Compliance Bump in Transportation – Understanding the List of Assurances Requirement Webinar
Join OSBA, BASA, ODE, and OASBO for a webinar where we will walk participants through the List of Assurances form and the 14 questions and statements on the form to which districts must respond. ODE personnel will be on hand to answer questions from participants. This webinar will discuss the process for competitive bidding for federal procurement; this information will be from an audit perspective. Legal issues surrounding this topic are covered in other seminars by OASBO's legal partners.
- Contains 5 Component(s), Includes Credits Recorded On: 01/21/2022
Join this webinar for state funding account code training, covering restricted receipt codes for the new funding formula.
- Contains 14 Component(s), Includes Credits Recorded On: 02/22/2023
**In-person and Virtual Options** This seminar is designed to ensure financial staff performing payroll and benefits duties are up to date on best practices, cyber security issues, STRS/SERS updates and legal topics in the areas of FLSA, FMLA, HSA, COBRA, and 403b/457s.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|
search by category, type, or key word
Welcome to OASBO's site for all learning opportunities - in person and online!
Log in using the same username/email address and password combination as our main website. If you do not currently have a user account on our main website, click here. Then return to this site and use those login credentials.
Update your profile!
Update your profile so you will start receiving course recommendations based off your interests!